Due to the inclination of Covid19 cases in Malaysia, a press conference was held to discuss on possible measures to combat this problem. Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob has then announced that wearing a mask in public spaces will be mandatory from August 1st onwards.
This rule will also be applied towards those who take public transport. The Senior Minister also mentioned that social distancing and wearing masks has not been followed through thoroughly even in crowded areas. He also said that wearing fabric or homemade face masks will be allowed as long as they follow specifications by the World Health Organization.
Image Credits: World Health Organization (WHO)
Here are the procedures to wearing a non-surgical mask:
- Sanitize or wash your hands before touching the mask
- Make sure mask is clean and not damaged
- Make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask
- It has to cover your nose, mouth, and chin
- Avoid touching the mask
- Sanitize or wash your hands before removing the mask
- Remove the mask by lifting the straps
- Pull the mask away from your face
- Store the mask in a clean plastic resealable bag if you're going to reuse it
- Remove the mask from the straps
- Wash the mask in detergent or soap with hot water at least once a day
- Clean your hands after removing the mask
Ryada Activewear is an online Malaysian women's sportswear brand with collections of modest wear and comfortable sportswear. Subscribe to us at Ryada Activewear to be the first to get updates on sales and deals, events, and also new collections! Tag us on Instagram to get featured on our Ryada stories or feed!